Saturday, August 8, 2009

Patch 3.2 and the Paladin


As am I quite sure most of you know patch 3.2 dropped on Tuesday. Extended maintanance kept the servers down for quite some time. But that is besides the point and not going to be what I talk about. I want to share my own opinions and experiences I've see so far.

This patch brought so pretty big changes to the Holy tree for the Paladin. Some nerfs and some that are just sweet! I'll look at a few in particular.

Beacon of Light: A great spell that you should always be using. It's free heals to another person in your party! Free! This patch brought an interesting twist to the spell.

"Beacon of Light: The healing amount on the Beacon of Light target is now based on the total healing done (including over-healing) instead of the effective healing done. Radius increased to 60 yards. Multiple Paladins can now have this active on the same target. Buff indicating a player is within range of the Beacon target is no longer displayed."

Yes you did read it correctly, or atleast I hope you did! Now based on total healing! Even over healing counts towards this figure, no longer does it only count the amount of healing that was effective, but the whole amount! Awesome! Also the stacking and 60 yard radius is always nice. I've noticed some differences with this change and I like it.

Divine Intellect: A nerfage but managable.

Illumination: Pretty significant nerfage here. 50% less of a return. Have to think a little bit harder before using this.

Righteous Fury: Last forever! Even through death!

Judgement of Light: Heals for 2% of the attackers max health. Some pretty good returns here.

There is my round up of Patch 3.2 and how it will affect your Holy Pally. More to come on The Argent Tourney, just getting into that myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment