Thursday, August 13, 2009

Trial of the Crusader


So now that the new patch and content has been seen by most people I am here to discuss my thoughts on the new 5-man dungeon.

A few days have passed and I have had my go at the new 5-man dungeon a few times, both on normal and heroic. Overall, I would say that I was a little unimpressed, a little. I like the idea and look of a coliseum battle. The whole dungeon takes place in one location, no interesting LoS pulls, pretty straight forward start to end. First appearances have some pretty famous characters from all factions staring at you from above with horses for the Allys and puppy dogs for the Horde. Grab your lance and saddle up!

Simply put, this place can be a gold mine for recently dinged 80s, or if your lacking gear. You can run the Reg version all day and gear yourself out pretty well. The Reg version is dropping ilvl200, so about the same as heroics. Running this over and over again will give you a good base of epics if your looking to gear up. Then run the heroics you want for the specific items.

As for the fights encountered, I give it a 5/10. As I said before, there really isn't as surprises or real hard parts. It seems like in the Heroic version the mobs have more HP and do more damage, duh! Other than that, they're pretty much identical.

I've already picked up quite a few tanking pieces, some Ret pieces (finally) and a pretty nice healing trinket. You can attempt to beat my personal record of 18:49sec start to finish. That's with the extremely long dialog to start the instance!

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment